Prince charming left Cinderella high and dry
He said that he detested her tired eyes
She tried to fight back but her will wasn’t right then
This isn’t the fairy tale that she died in
She grew, strong and happy with a penchant for laughs
Disliked the boys with their ten minute hearts
While I was pedalling scars she walked the earth
Leaving her imprint on this chalk and dirt
I scored the words for her soundtrack mindlessly
Keeping a record of all her tides and dreams
Her mind was screams and drudgery mixed
Her god spoke with a slovenly wit
She asked for no favour from the ugly king
She used post it notes to cover her wings
She never could understand love as it sings
Walking straight backed into the blood in the wind
The summers a whim of the gods with broken sight
She was hopeless with a token pride
Hopes a night bird that hears the call of the wild
She never did anything right but falling with style
She revelled in a distorted denial
Every time she moved her mouth
It fell short of a smile
Her life was a plausible white lie written under night skies
I lost my footing walking her time line
She hated the shy guys with no words of their own
She played second fiddle while they were burning in Rome
Locked in a determined slow dance, she despised life
After one too many lonely nights, she was a bright light
Guiding the ships onto rocks
She drew prince charming losing the lot
I’m assuming the rot gut made her lose her mind
She wrote me letters full of abusive lines
A beauty tried and trusted and dishevelled with time
She said that I was her devil that cried
But I’m bending the story to tell my truth
I was only ever her friend in June
She caught me in a pensive mood, cigarette loose hold
In another universe lost in loop holes
Looking down at our creation with a grin on my teeth
There’s no reason why she was sinning for me
She drank vodka vicious and neat
Kept her eyes closed when she drew pictures for me
We were gods in our universe high on drink
Bred on lies and ink
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment